Monday, September 6, 2010

PGA Good-Bye

A bittersweet good-bye to the best job ever! August 21-29 was the Utah Open week. For the past 5 years I have helped out at the Utah Open as part of my duties with the Utah Section PGA. I started the week eager to see "Utah Open" friends and spend hours outside enjoying beatiful weather and a beautiful golf course. Although the Utah Open week requires me to wake up at 4 a.m., I absolutely love the 7 days of golf! There were times when all I wanted to do was sleep and other times when I just wanted a new job but as Saturday and Sunday creeped closer I found myself panicking because the good-byes were getting closer.

Sunday came and the nostalgia hit me hard. I have had so many good memories with the PGA and the Utah Open. I have met so many wonderful people and gained so much experience over the past 5 years . . . I can't believe that this was my last. My summers will never be filled with so many days spent on a golf course. I will no longer wake up at 4 a.m. and be eager to see my JGC golfers. I can no longer count on seeing the local pros at junior tournaments and talking about golf. At times I wasn't happy with the job but now that I am gone, I have realized how lucky I was to have such a great summer experience.


Tori, me, and Jock, the Oakridge dog!
Pictures, pictures, pictures!

The whole PGA gang!

Judy, Tori, and me.

On the roof. I'm on dedicated photographer.

Vince from the Big Break.



Me and Tony Finau. Matching shirts!



Chris Briseno, one of the hardest working volunteers to walk this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment