Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Wee Bit Scottish

It seems a bit strange to write about something that happened two months ago but this is something that deserves a blog post. Every July, for the past 17 years, my family has attended the Payson Scottish Festival. My mother's side of the family have decendants from Scotland and it has always been a part of my heritage that I love to celebrate. Well, this year was no different from the rest and my family made the hour drive to Payson to partake in Haggis, wear our family tartan, listen to sweet bagpipe music, and watch the barbaric atheltic competitions.





One of the most enjoyable aspects of the Scottish festival . . . sitting under the shade of a tree, on cool grass, listening to bagpipes.





By far the best part about attending a Scottish festival is getting home, laying down in bed, and still hearing the bagpipes playing in your ear. The sounds just seems to follow you home.

No comments:

Post a Comment