Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wednesday's Thought of the Day

A random thought crossed my mind today that forced me to think about being five years old but the thought was all very relevent to the present.

A box of crayons; colorful, fun, and intimidating. Everytime I look at a box of crayons, all I want to do is open it and begin coloring, create a wax work of art, but I can never manage to open the box. It never occured to me that the reason for my hesistation has everything to do with creative opportunity that resides within a crayon box.

It has come to my attention that a box of crayons is not only a child's art tool but a box of crayons is a creative outlet. There is so much opportunity for expression in one little box that I become overwhelmed with the prospects of failing to create. I am usually not someone who finds creativity difficult but a crayon seems too powerful for my mind to handle. Crayons are the medium of innocent minds who are free to think boldly and dream big. Upon looking at a box of crayons, I don't feel qualified enough to grasp the powerful medium in my hand. I am afraid I won't do the crayon justice. 

Well, my new years resolution will be to open my box of crayons and explore all of the creative opportunity and dreams that have been residing in my 5 year old self.

Happy coloring!

No comments:

Post a Comment